Specifications Needed By A Wireless Adapter
Here we have described some specifications needed by A wireless adapter :
Frequency band – 2.4 GHz
Encryption algorithm – 64 bit WEP, 40 bit WEP, WPA, WPA2
Connectivity technology – Wireless, wired
Data link protocol – Ethernet, fast ethernet, IEE802.11b, IEE802.11g, IEE802.11n
Wireless protocol – 802.11b/g/n
Routing Protocol – Static IP Routing, RIP
Remote Management Protocol – HTTP, HTTPS
Data transfer rate – 300 Mbps
Interface – Ethernet 10Base -T/100Base-TX
OS required – Apple Mac OS X 10.4.11- 10.6.1, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista SP1, Microsoft Windows XP SP3
Setup Linksys USB Wireless Adapter Manually
- First of all, you have to connect wireless adapter to the PC’s USB slot. Once it gets connected, open the web browser and navigate to “homesupport.cisco.com”.
- Into the search field, you have to type wireless adapter’s product name and number. After entering appropriate values hit Enter.
- In the next step, tap on Downloads. In order to download setup files to your computer, you have to choose the latest driver from the list of available files. At this moment, just note one thing i.e., you have chosen correct operating system and correct system type (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Once the downloads complete, just open the ZIP file. Press double click on the setup.exe file to launch the installer. Now you have to follow on-screen instructions.
- Now, expand the system tray and then choose “Linksys Wireless Manager” icon from the list of applications. Linksys Wireless Manager icon will look like signal bars found on a cell phone or other wireless devices.
- Tap on option “View Wireless Network”. From the View drop-down menu, you have to choose “Available Wireless Networks in Range”.
- From the displaying options, choose your network and then click on “Connect”. For connecting to the desired network, you may have to enter the passphrase. Then, hit Next.
- Once above steps get completed, click on Finish and close Linksys Wireless Manager.
Setup Linksys Wireless Adapter Using Setup CD
- Firstly, insert the setup CD into your PC’s CD drive.
- Now a window will open from where you have to select “Setup your Linksys Adapter”. If due to any reason, Setup window does not open then you have to press double click on Linksys Connect icon.
- Next, read the End User License Agreement and then press a click on the checkbox that is next to “I have read and accepted the terms of End User License Agreement” box. Hit Next button.
- In the next step, you have to plug in your wireless adapter into your computer’s USB port. Once you do this, your PC will automatically detect wireless adapter.
- Once your computer successfully detects and install wireless adapter then it will automatically search for the available wireless network that is within range. From the displaying results, just choose your wireless network name (SSID). Hit Next button.
- If your wireless network is secured then you have to enter the network key.
- When the setup of Linksys wireless adapter gets complete, you will receive a confirmation SMS. Just click on Close button. Now open any web browser and test your connectivity.
Get Quick Technical Support for Linksys by calling on Linksys Router Helpline Number
Are you unable to setup Linksys router? Seek instant customer support for Linksys from experts by calling on Linksys Router Helpline Number. Technical Support for Linksys is available for round the clock, so share your queries with our representatives without any hesitation. Overall, Linksys Router Help is the right selection to get rid of all irritating technical snags in no time. Besides that his, users can also use Linksys Live Chat to receive instant solutions directly from proficient experts.