How Do I Connect and Configure My Linksys Router to Use PPPoE DSL Service?
Various Digital Subscriber Line Provider use PPPoE to setup internet connection for users. In order to set up a Linksys router, you have to enable PPPoE on the Linksys router’s web-based setup page. If you experience any kind of difficulty while setting up Linksys router with DSL connection, receive expert suggestions by calling on Linksys Router Helpline Number.
Go Through Points to Setup DSL Connection with Linksys Router
Verify Internet Connection
Take an ethernet cable and connect the Broadband modem to your operating system without installing Linksys router. Confirm that if your internet connection is active or not otherwise contact your ISP.
Connect All Devices
After confirming that you have an active internet connection, you have to connect the modem to router’s internet port and connect the computer to any of the ethernet ports.
After connecting modem and PC to Linksys router, you have to check LED lights that are located on the front panel of the router.
Setting up DSL ISP on Linksys Router
- First of all, you have to access Linksys router’s web-based setup page. To access Linksys web-based setup page, type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar and then enter login credentials.
- After opening Linksys web-based setup page, look for the local IP address and then modify its value to “192.168.2.1”. Then, click on Save button to save the settings.
- In the next step, you have to renew your computer’s IP address. For this, you have to open the command prompt and then you have to enter “ipconfig/release”, hit Enter. Again enter “ipconfig/renew” and then hit Enter.
- After renewing computer’s IP address, you have to access Linksys router web-based setup page by using “192.168.2.1” as the IP address.
- Next, move to Setup page and then tap on Status option. Also, check the Internet IP address, if it contains numbered values then everything is OK otherwise you can’t access the internet.
- Move to Setup tab and then you have to set the “Internet Connection Type” to “PPPoE”.
- Now, you have to enter username and password in the fields that are displaying below PPPoE, these details are provided by your ISP. Then save the entire changes.
- Tap on the Status option and then check the value of Login Status because if it is displaying as “connected” then you can access the internet. On the other hand, if the status is displaying as “disconnected” then you have to click on “Connect” and then check if you are receiving the error message or not.
Router Helpline – A Quick Way to Terminate Linksys Router Hassles
Want to reset Linksys router’s password but don’t know how to do this? Get the technical support for Linksys router either by chatting through Linksys Live Chat or by calling on third party tech support for Linksys. Here a team of troubleshooters is always available that provide you timely help so that you can enjoy Linksys router features without making any compromise. In order to obtain customer support for Linksys, there is no need to wander aimlessly here and there you can easily avail perfect technical support services from us.